Corowa - Wahgunyah Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Corowa - Wahgunyah?
Corowa - Wahgunyah Tourism
Corowa - Wahgunyah: Tourist Attractions
Corowa - Wahgunyah is an area in Victoria and New South Wales, Australia that has a rich history and many tourist attractions. Whether you're interested in exploring historic sites, indulging in delicious food and wine, or simply enjoying the scenic beauty of the region, there's something for everyone.
The following is a list of some of the top tourist attractions in and around Corowa - Wahgunyah:
1. The Corowa Federation Museum: This museum in Corowa provides a glimpse into the area's history, particularly its role in the Federation of Australia. Exhibits cover topics such as the 1901 Federation Conference, the Corowa Whiskey Distillery, and the local Indigenous culture. Contact: Phone: (02) 6033 5086
2. The Wahgunyah Historic Precinct: This precinct is a collection of historic buildings and sites in the town of Wahgunyah. Stops include the Old Wahgunyah School House, the Milawa Cheese Factory, and the All Saints Estate Winery. Contact: Phone: (02) 6035 2222
3. The All Saints Estate Winery: This winery in Wahgunyah offers tastings of its award-winning wines and has a restaurant that uses local produce. Tours of the cellar and vineyard are also available. Contact: Phone: (02) 6035 2222
4. Rutherglen Wine Experience and Visitor Information Centre: Located in nearby Rutherglen, this centre provides information on the wineries in the area and offers wine tastings. The centre also has a gift shop and art gallery. Contact: Phone: (02) 6033 6306
5. Lake Mulwala: This man-made lake on the Murray River is a popular spot for recreational activities such as boating, fishing, and water sports. The lake's sandy beaches are also a nice spot for picnics and swimming. Contact: Phone: (03) 5744 1989
6. The Murray River: The Murray River runs through the Corowa - Wahgunyah region and provides opportunities for kayaking, fishing, and scenic cruises. Contact: Phone: (03) 5881 3300
7. The Corowa Art Space: This gallery in Corowa showcases the work of local artists and hosts regular exhibitions. The gallery is also available for private events. Contact: Phone: (02) 6033 5086
8. The Corowa Whiskey and Chocolate Factory: This factory in Corowa offers tastings of its whiskey and chocolate products and has a cafe that serves light meals. Tours of the distillery are also available. Contact: Phone: (02) 6033 1466
9. The Tocumwal Railway Heritage Museum: Located just across the border in New South Wales, this museum in the town of Tocumwal showcases the area's railway history with exhibits and displays. Contact: Phone: (03) 5874 3357
10. The Federation Footpath: This walking path in Corowa highlights the town's Federation history with interpretive signs and displays. The path passes by important sites such as the Federation Conference site and the Corowa Whiskey Distillery. Contact: Phone: (02) 6033 5086
Whether you're interested in history, food and wine, or outdoor activities, Corowa - Wahgunyah has something for everyone. With so many tourist attractions in the area, you're sure to find something that suits your interests.
Corowa - Wahgunyah Tourism Articles